Call us on +33 2 97 847 800
From the Breton "lann-er-ster", the land of the river.
Located at the confluence of the rivers Scorff and Blavet, Lanester lies between moors and rivers and is a young, dynamic town of 22 744 inhabitants. Separated from Lorient only by two bridges, it attracts many residents. It offers them a wide range of green places to live and 9.5 km of coastline. The little village of Saint-Guénaël and the boat cemetery of Kerhervy overlooking the river Blavet, are great examples. Shops, large and small are never far away. Lanester has a lively cultural scene with a variety of events all year round: theatre and dance festivals, concerts and exhibitions.
- Le Plessis park. 12 hectares of gardens surrounding the chateau du Plessis, destroyed during the war. There are hundred-year old trees, a lake, a sports course and a boulodrome.
- Kerhervy bay on the river Blavet shelters a boat cemetery including tuna fishing boats from the island of Groix. The town has arranged an open-air theatre there.
- Saint-Isidore wood park is a vestige of the wood water conservation system used by shipyards.
- Bonhomme bridge. On the pillars of the old bridge are two wooden statues facing each other: the "bonhomme" (man) on the Kervignac side as the toll-keeper, and the "bonne femme" (woman) on the Lanester side, holding out her snuffbox
- Les Deiziou: a Breton cultural festival in February and March.
- The Tro Div Ster (tour of two rivers), a cycling race in May.
- The town's cycling Grand Prix in June.
- Amateur theatre festival, at Kerhervy: ten days of theatre in June with around thirty theatre companies from all over Brittany.
- Festival du Pont du Bonhomme professional theatre in July, at Kerhervy, organised by the Compagnie de l'Embarcadère.
- Cinema festival every year in November in the Jean Vilar hall, themed on a country.
- A hike leaves from the old Le Plessis mill to Kerhervy via the Bonhomme bridge and the little port of Saint-Guénaël.
- All festivities and events in Lanester
Fancy a stay? Find accommodation in Lanester.
Your are looking for a shop or a service ?