Call us on +33 2 97 847 800
From the Breton "poul-scorv": an accumulation of water
This commune of 2 350 hectares and 3 300 inhabitants has a wealth of assets: historical, natural and cultural, the zoo, the Odyssaum. The Cité des Métiers d'Art reveals the charm of its old mansions, chapels and manor houses, the fauna and flora to be discovered through its picturesque streets and green paths, especially during the "L'Art Chemin Faisant" festival, with many high-quality contemporary art exhibitions.
- The place de la maison des Princes: this 16th century residence held the court room for the jurisdiction and also a prison. Remarkable for its typical Breton renaissance architecture, it has been listed as a historic monument since the 1930's. Since 1924 it has housed the town hall.
- The parish church located in the place de la maison des Princes, dates from the end of the 19th century.
- The Saint-Servais chapel from the 15th century has a north door listed as a historical monument.
- The Odyssaum, a museum to discover the natural history of wild salmon.
- Pont-Scorff zoo has 600 animals from around the world.
- Atelier d'Estienne : contemporary art gallery, offering a programme of exhibitions all year round.
- The artists' village and the craft yard welcome professionals working with glass, ceramics, wood, metal, books, textiles, etc.
- Espace Pierre de Grauw, place de la Maison des Princes.
- In the summer, the festival "Art Chemin Faisant" follows the route of 16 artists whose projects specially designed for the event are based around one artist who invites others in turn. Organised by the Atelier d'Estienne.
- The salmon festival, inspired by Quebec, takes place in the 2nd weekend in July, in Bas Pont-Scorff.
- The festival of threshing and bread in the enchanting site of St Urchaut manor.
- A meeting of American cars and motorbikes, "US carks and bikes" in the 2nd weekend in August.
- The potters' market, an unmissable event in the place de la Maison des Princes in the 3rd weekend in August.
- All festivities and events in Pont-Scorff
Fancy a stay? Find accommodation in Pont-Scorff
Your are looking for a shop or a service ?