Call us on +33 2 97 847 800
From the Celtic Uitalis which led to Guitol (a man's name), then Gwidel in Breton and Guidel in French.
At the western edge of the greater Lorient area, sharing the river Laïta with its neighbour in the Finistère, Guidel cover 5 229 hectares, awaiting discovery via its many long walks. Reputed for its fine, sandy beach its rich animal and plant life, its religious heritage (7 chapels), art galleries and music festivals, Guidel is a dynamic, young commune with more than 10 600 inhabitants (known as Guidélois). It hosts plenty of activities and events all year round. For your stay, there are shops, services and supermarkets.
Must see :
- The Grand Loch marsh reserve: a remarkable wetland, managed by the Morbihan hunters' federation. Excursions to discover the fauna and flora. Site listed Natura 2000.
- Lannënec lake is the largest body of water on the Morbihan coast. Many animal and plant species (including 150 species of bird) have been identified theme, some of which are protected.
- La Laïta: the river running through 11.5 km of Guidel. A coastal path gives a lovely view over the valley, preserved from any building.
- Domaine du Rocher Royal: to the north of Guidel and the village of Locmaria, a path runs through the departmental wood Rocher Royal overlooking the river Laïta.
- Chapelle Saint-Mathieu (1487): This is the only chapel in Guidel listed as a historical monument, since 1934.
- The beaches: The beach of Bas-Pouldu is ideal for young children. The Plage de la Falaise is a family beach. For surfers, the plage du Loch is well-known
- Several art galleriesaleries exhibit the work of local artists.
- Art in the street: exhibition and sale of amateur paintings, an exhibition in July in front of the church and a second in August in Guidel-Plages.
- The Festival Polignac: in July, classical and jazz music concerts by renowned national and international musicians.
- 7 chapels in art: mid-July to mid-August, an exhibition and a concert in each chapel.
- La Nuit Etoilée : 13th August in Guidel-Plages. Events and a fireworks display.
- All festivities and events in Guidel
Fancy a stay? Find accommodation in Guidel.
Your are looking for a shop or a service ?